More than 30 million printer cartridges are sold each year in Malaysia, and more than half — 15 million of those — are sent to landfills. Toner cartridges are both recyclable and reusable, so more eco-friendly options for disposal exist. There are two main choices for keeping printer cartridges out of landfills: recycling and refilling them.
If you want to refill your ink cartridges, there are two options. You can bring them to a retailer for this service. You can also refill them on your own following these steps:
- Buy a printer cartridge refill kit at an office supply store or from an online retailer www.jaditoner.com.my
- Put on rubber gloves to prevent getting ink on your hands.
- Remove the printer cartridge label and locate the two refill holes or toner refill port, which might be under the label.
- Follow the directions included with the kit to determine how exactly to fill your cartridges.
- Reseal the ink cartridge after refilling it.
- Clean the ink refill syringe after each use.
If you would like to recycle your ink cartridges, contact Octopus Resources Sdn. Bhd. HERE