Step 1 – What do you need
- Printer refillable ink for CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) printer. You can buy it online from Jadi Life. Price is as low as RM2.60.
- A disposable syringe. The smaller the needle, the better. Your printer cartridge. My printer uses an HP680 cartridge regardless of the refill method is the same for most inkjet cartridges.
Step 2 – The cartridge
- On each cartridge there is a sticker, first, you need to peel off. From there you can see a black spot. Underneath the black spot is a hole through which ink can be injected into the cartridge. I prefer to peel off the sticker to locate the hole and make my task more easily. Or simply pierce the black spot with a needle.
Step 3 – Injecting the ink
Draw ink into the syringe slowly and inject it into the hole. That’s it!
- The needle size is very small you need to be cautious. If you draw ink into the syringe too quickly, you can create air bubbles. Air bubbles can block your ink cartridge. So make sure that there are no air bubbles before you inject ink through the hole.
- Refilling is a messy job. Make sure you have a piece of paper/waste cloth.
- To prevent leakage from the cartridge usually, do not fill the cartridge in full.
- Once the cartridge is filled, installed the cartridge on your printer and run few cleaning cycles
- Best advice is to leave the cartridge for 2 hours to allow excessive ink that came out to dry.
Try it out and let us know your experience.